Clegg Industries custom designed, engineered and outfitted four 84” x 104” x 61” high Air-Transportable Collapsible Pallet Shelters (ATCPS), expandable to 244” x 104” x 96” H, to provide light duty, rapid response automotive repair facilities and appropriate equipment for vehicles in direct support of U.S. SOCOM combat operations at outlying Forward Operating Bases. The EARC was designed to mate with the 463L pallet for internal air transport in USAF C-130, C-17, and C-5 aircraft.
The EARCs are outfitted to operate as re-deployable, repair and fabrication facilities with short term self-sufficient backup capability at undeveloped, remote field locations. This complex and volume-constrained project contains a portable diesel 5 kW generator providing appropriate backup power for various equipment, tools and other automotive repair equipment. It is designed to support quick reaction sorties from the EARC. All or part of a 270 piece Mechanics tool kit in a durable, wheeled case is available and ready to go at a moment’s notice.
There is provision for a duct mounted “window” air conditioner which stows during transport. A large tool chest provides ample storage space for complete metric & SAE automotive tool sets, pry bars, hammers and spare parts; the chest top is set up as a work bench for a grinder and vise; a vehicle hitch mount is provided so these can be used outside the shelter.
Unique features of re-deployable Expeditionary Automotive Repair Center include:
- Mates with 463L pallet for Internal Air Transport delivery
- Sling liftable for site delivery; max weight = 4,000 lbs with a max payload of 1,700 lbs.
- Two - person shelter setup in less than 10 minutes, no special tools required
- Two fold-out shelter sides and expandable roof section for work/living space
- Outfitted for shore power use when available; portable diesel 5 kW generator as backup power
- Auxiliary 12VDC system for 12V tools including a state of the art air compressor